20 July 2008

airport shenanigans

Baggage theft at airports is a big problem, and the claim is that homeless people are responsible for most of the thefts...

I call bullshit. What kind of airport allows just anyone to go into the baggage claim area these days anyway? I've been in and out of a lot of airports lately, and the baggage claim areas were all inaccessible to the public. If people are sneaking in, then it's a failure of airport "security" for one, but even if there is the chance of sneaking in, I only see it as so minimal that it doesn't warrant an article like the one I just posted. A few isolated cases, sure. But not something that happens on a large-scale basis.

I see this as airports not wanting to admit that most of their baggage-handling employees are a bunch of filthy thieves...

No comments: